After ByDzyne, a direct selling company that sells a variety of health and wellness, technology, beauty, and travel products, failed to respond to DSSRC’s inquiry, the Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council (DSSRC) of BBB National Programs referred certain earnings claims to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) for possible enforcement action. Earnings claims broadcast on the corporate website and by salesforce members on social media are at the center of DSSRC’s investigation.
DSSRC brought the earnings claims to ByDzyne’s attention as part of its ongoing independent monitoring of the direct selling marketplace, which DSSRC was concerned about communicated that ByDzyne independent salesforce members can typically earn significant income through the company’s business opportunity.
Earnings claims include, but are not limited to:
• “For a free webinar on how to improve your health, lifestyle, time, and finances.”
• “HOME BASED BUSINESS – Your Financial Freedom, Your Freedom Connection, No more sacrificing your valuable time for money, Have time to enjoy your life with your family, Live Life to the Fullest and Do What You Love”
• and the bonus is that whatever your friends save when they book, you gain, so if they save a thousand dollars, you just got a thousand dollars in reward credits, which you can turn into a thousand-dollar Amazon gift card, one for one. You may exchange it for a thousand dollars and use it to book your travel.”
• “Welcome to our daily FREE webinar on how to improve your health, lifestyle, time, and finances.”
• “There’s no limit to how high you can go”
• Free vacations to Mexico for up to $2700 and free vacations in 26 countries worth up to $2450 are depicted in this image.
• “The funds are on their way. The new house is on its way. The breakthrough is on the way. The new vehicle is on its way. Good health is on the way. The day of financial independence is approaching. And it’s all happening there in front of my eyes in ByDzyne.”
• Multiple allusions to being able to make between $500,000 and $1,000,000 per month are included in the video. Salesforce members may also get a $50,000 cash bonus for a car and a $250,000 bonus for a house, according to the video.
• Unqualified assertions regarding a $50,000 car incentive and a $250,000 house bonus are made in a compensation plan video.
About BBB National Programs: Businesses may turn to BBB National Programs to improve customer trust and have their voices heard. Through the creation and execution of effective third-party accountability and dispute resolution services, the non-profit organization promotes a more level playing field for businesses and a better experience for customers.
About the Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council: The BBB National Programs’ Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council (DSSRC) provides independent, unbiased monitoring, dispute resolution, and enforcement of fraudulent product claims and income statements made by direct selling firms and their salesforce members across digital platforms.