The Direct Selling Company, USANA Is Proud To Publish Its First Annual Sustainability Report, Showing how The Company Prioritizes And Manages Its Corporate Sustainability Efforts, Including Environmental, Social And Sustainability, Governance Priorities (ESG) And Other Issues. Important To Your Business And Your Stakeholders.
The Report Further Describes USANA’s Progress For Fiscal Year 2020 And Reflects The Sustainability Issues That Have Been Identified As Significant Through A Comprehensive Materiality Assessment That Was Completed By The Company.
USANA’s Core Values – Health, Excellence, Integrity, And Community – Influence Every Decision The Company Makes And Are The Values That Drive Its Sustainability Program.
Business Sustainability And Corporate Responsibility
In 2020, USANA Began A Formal Materiality Assessment To Gather Information On Its ESG Performance, Priorities, Areas Where It Could Have The Greatest Impact, And How The Company Could Improve Its Sustainability Disclosure And Reporting.
The Evaluation Identified Several High Priority Sustainability Efforts For The Company, Including Product Quality And Safety; Responsible Sourcing; Diversity, Equity And Inclusion; Talent Development And Management; Health, Safety And Welfare Of Employees; Sustainable Packaging; Waste Management; And Greenhouse Gas Management.
USANA’s 2020 Report Also Contained Several Important Statistics About The Company’s Recent Accomplishments In ESG. Between Them:
• Reuse And Recycling More Than 50% Of The Waste In Its Operations, With 202.7 Tons Of Recycled Cardboard, Plastic, And Paper.
• Saved About 2.67 Million Gallons Of Water Per Year Through Various Water Saving Initiatives
• USANA Is Transitioning To 25% Post-Consumer Recycled Materials For Its Bottles In Specific Markets, Along With Switching To Smaller Bottles To Reduce Plastic Use.
• 90% Of Employees Believe That Their Supervisor, Or Someone At Work, Cares About Them As A Person.
• $ 2M + Provided In Reimbursement To Employees Through USANA’s Tuition Reimbursement Program
• While Most Companies Struggled With Employee Retention During The COVID Pandemic, USANA Only Had A Total Turnover Rate Of 10.6% In 2020, A Number That Is Considered Ideal Even In The Best Of Times.
• 100% Of USANA Employees Are Trained In Its Code Of Ethics And Cybersecurity Policies.
“Our vision to create the healthiest family on earth is one we are fully invested in, and I think this detailed report is a great example of that investment,” said Kevin Guest, USANA’s chairman of the board and CEO. “USANA’s core values—health, excellence, integrity, and community—influence every decision we make and are the values that drive our sustainability program. I would like to thank our stakeholders for their ongoing support of the company, and our Board of Directors and the entire USANA family for their dedication and commitment to helping us execute and achieve our vision.”