The fourth quarter and full fiscal year financial results for LifeVantage Corporation (Nasdaq: LFVN) were released today.
Summary for the fourth quarter of the fiscal year 2021:
• Revenue of $54.8 million, a 7.7% decline from the prior-year quarter but a 6.2 percent rise sequentially;
• Total active accounts fell 5.0 percent from the previous quarter but rose 1.2 percent sequentially to 170,000. A 13.7 percent drop in distributors was largely offset by a 0.9 percent gain in consumers, resulting in a year-over-year fall. The number of distributors remained flat in the third quarter of fiscal 2021, but consumers increased by 1.9 percent;
• earnings per diluted share were $0.35, up 34.6 percent year over year and 191.7 percent sequentially;
• Adjusted profits per diluted share were $0.31, up 10.7% from $0.28 the year before and up 55.0 percent sequentially.
Unless otherwise stated, all comparisons are year over year and compare the fourth quarter of fiscal 2021 to the fourth quarter of fiscal 2020.
Fiscal Year 2021 Summary:
• Revenue fell 5.5 percent to $220.2 million,
• with a 7.0 percent drop in the Americas and a 1.6 percent drop in Asia/Pacific and Europe.
• Earnings per diluted share were $0.90, up from $0.79 in fiscal 2020;
• adjusted earnings per diluted share were $1.00, up from $0.86 in fiscal 2020;
• adjusted EBITDA increased 3.7 percent to $24.8 million;
• 1.2 million common shares were repurchased for $11.9 million; and
• a strong balance sheet with $23.2 million in cash and no debt.
“As we continued to focus on our key strategy for achieving long-term growth and operational improvement, fourth-quarter sales were in line with our forecasts and earnings were slightly ahead. Despite an 8% drop in net sales, adjusted profits per share grew by 11%,” says the company.
LifeVantage’s Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer, Steve Fife, said
“The sequential increase in the number of consumers was very promising, and it marked the first upward inflection in the previous year. Our efforts to enhance active account growth through distributor enrollment and retention are gaining momentum, and we anticipate seeing more progress in the coming quarters.
Consumers continue to place a premium on health and wellbeing, which we believe gives LifeVantage a compelling long-term growth potential based on our proven products, solid balance sheet, and highly devoted management team.”
Nutrigenomics is a new science dedicated to biohacking the human aging code, and LifeVantage Corporation (Nasdaq: LFVN) is a pioneer in it.
The company identifies, develops, and distributes advanced nutrigenomic dietary supplements and skin and hair care products, such as its scientifically validated Protandim® product line, Omega+ and ProBio dietary supplements, TrueScience® line of Nrf2-infused skin and hair care products, PetandimTM for Dogs, Axio® energy drink mixes, and the PhysIQTM weight management system. LifeVantage is based in Salt Lake City, Utah, and was formed in 2003.